December 1, 2009

That's all she wrote...

Today was my last day for the year volunteering in the ER. The second I walked in a guy was having a heart attack. I watched as all the Nurses and Doctors scurried around him. They didn't have an idenity so he was, as they term a John Doe. Weird, never REALLY thought that actually happened in "real life" but the social worker was at it callling the people who called in his emergency trying to find out information on him.

I am excited for the break. I have two finals coming up, and that's all she wrote for the prereq's! Just waiting, each day checking the mail 4 times a day to see if another letter has come from USF and waiting by the phone for a call and hearing on the other end "Gina, we'd like to invite you to our Master's Program at USF." I imagine myself screaming (if I could, it's probably a good thing that I can't) so I imagine myself replying "I would be honored and would love to."

Brett and I are off to China and Thailand in one week and will be gone for 3 weeks! We leave from SFO on Thursday morning and land on Friday afternoon (yikes!) We have a lay over in Tokyo then we are headed to Beijing. We're in Beijing for a few days where we will see the great Wall and some Giant Buddhas. Brett actually knows a guy from work that is the CEO of a company over in Beifing that they invest in and he has offered his company car to us and private driver/guide for a day. Hopefullly there isn't too much traffic and we can actually get somewhere faster than we could if we were walking. I just imagine the streets crowded, but nonetheless, very generous of him to offer us his services. After Beijing, we are heading down to Xian for a day trip via airplane to see the Terracota Warriors then back to Beijing then to Bangkok. We're staying in Bangkok for three nights and then headed down to Southern Thailand where we are going to fly by the seat of our pants. There are 1,000 of Islands and only two weeks... what will we do with ourselves... I am not sure... and that's the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment