December 6, 2009

The first hiccup in our trip to China

Brett and I started making a list of items we needed to get before our trip... and we were double checking our immunizations that are necessary and visa requirements for China and Thailand...

We need Visas for China ... could have SWORN I read somewhere that they are not necessary for United States citizens, but guess I read wrong. We're ok, we'll just have to pay out the you know what for same day service tomorrow but thank GOD Brett checked, because we almost didn't double check my dumb butt. I am not sure how that would have worked out. Anyway, I said to Brett "why don't you just double check me...." I think he's rethinking his marriage proposal to me right now ... seriously. He just told me he forgives me. I told him that I am here to help. On some of our other trips, like Rio de Janiero and Europe (not Tahiti so much, well I guess so, since he surprised me) I usually leave everything up to Brett. He is responsibile for the passports, money belt, etc, maybe that's for a good reason considering I can't even get it right it we need a Visa to get into a Country. He's clearly way more on top of it than I am, so usually I just sorta check out and "show up." I told him I really want to help this time, and be a team. That we're on the same page (maybe two different books) but we're both on page number 1... he said maybe we're in the same book but different pages - hmmm that's a head scratcher.

We leave this Friday. We take off at noon and land at 10:45pm on Saturday - so we lose a whole day. When we return we take off on the 31st at 8:30am and land at 8:00am in SF on the 31st, that will be wild. We plan on signing into some internet cafes while over there and plan on blogging a little. :) Hope you can follow our quest!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

XOXO

Gina (& Brett)

1 comment:

  1. Oh silly Gina! Have so much fun I can't wait to read about your adventures. I am praying for you about school. Let us know ASAP!

    ReplyDelete