December 27, 2009

They are STILL playing Christmas music in Thailand!!!!!

It's the evening of the 27h - I am about to convince Brett that we should extend our stay for approximently three more days (he is walking up now from taking a restroom break).

Today we are in Koh Samui - We rented a moterbike on our second day and drove around the entire Islan 15 miles wide 13 miles long - SO MUCH FUN! SCARY really - we tried to rent two moterbikes- but the hotel only had one so I rode on the back (scary!!!)! Take Bangkok (which is INSANITY ON WHEELS), and put in on the road of Koh Samui. It's really a shame that they have cars on this Island. Ko Phi Phi and Rai Lay Bay, the two Islands we were at before this one, only had long tail boats - so Brett and I really agreed that it really makes for a different atmosphere... for whatever reason - it just does.

Honestly, we are having the TIME of our lives!! We are realizing this Christmas (it's been three days of Christmas - Christmas Eve is a huge celebration here, then we had Christmas day, then it was Christmas again back home, so that makes three) that we are SO blessed to have the freedom to take these trips and have the families that love us (and miss us and we miss them A LOT TOO) that have given us the courage to take this journey(s)! This has honestly been a trip of a lifetime!!!

Brett just told me to wrap it up. I was just trying to say that we are blessed, and SO happy! And in three weeks, I start nursing school, and without Brett it would have been impossible(who is literally yawnging right now...)ok I am rambling...

We are having a wonderful time - I was just trying to say that after my car accident, I would have never imagined in my WILDEST OF WILDEST OF DREAMS that I would marry the Man of my dreams and be able to travel the world with him. Also, he has really been the wind beneath my wings that carried me to quit my job, take some bootleg prereqs to apply for Nursing schhol, and support me to get into nursing school, both monitarily and emotionally (it's emotional people)!

Tomorrow we are off to the Similian Islands, where there are 80 Islands and Mangroves. It's a natural marine park that has been wardened off by the Thai government so the Thai people are not allowed to build on it. The beauty to be had we're sure will be amazing!

With Love
B&G

No comments:

Post a Comment