November 11, 2009

Take time to stop and smell the "roses..."

Today I woke up like I do any other day and got in the shower. I was beginning to plan my day in my head and I wanted to make sure I took full advantage of not having school today. Suddenly, as I was standing there, I just said to myself, "Omg! You are married to Brett Cummings....!" I really cannot believe it still, to this day, that I married my first and only true love. I mean, REALLY?!?! We all spend so much time in our lives, making sure we are seizing the day, or making the most of a hard days work, or just enjoying a cooked meal, a sunset, a brisk run as the sun sets... and here I am in a sort of automatic position of happiness.I mean, as if going back to school to be able to seize what I know is my passion as a career isn't enough... I am married to the man of my dreams! How did I get here?!!! A man, who lays down his soul for me every single day of his life (after all he's the one bringing home the "bread" these days). A guy who when you ask him about himself, or how is is doing, or what he is doing... ALWAYS plays down how well he is doing at work and in his personal life with his Triathlons... Did he tell you HE'S SIGNED UP FOR A FULL IRONMAN!" I mean really, who is this guy? The best is when I ask him why he did something, or how something makes him feel, he just looks at me and says. "...because Gina I just want you to be happy." Like I said, the man would lay down his soul for me... I am truely the most blessed and luckiest girl to be alive... and in LOVE!

I guess the morale of this story is... if you don't take time to stop and smell the "roses" it doesn't matter how hard you try to seize the day, you'll miss the scent of life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment