November 5, 2009

"And that's what crack looks like at it's finest hour..."

A patient rolls in on a gurney, reaking of you know what... seizing and moaning and groaning... they put her in her own room, and for good reason. I asked a nurse if she was having a seizure and she says nochalantly ..."nope that's crack at it's finest hour!" Cracked me up... haha! She had sucessfully OD'ed on crack cocaine. Her thoughtful crackhead boyfriend was thoughtful enough to call the police to bring her in, but was no where to be found in the hospital - weird.

On a brighter note (well sorta), I got to watch a plastic surgeon suture back together a girls forehead. She is a denistry student and had a heavy flow and apparently passed out and hit her head on the window sil. She cracked her face all the way to the bone... I got to see her forehead bone and helped assist passing medical utensils to the plastic surgeon. Go figure that a beautiful blond surgeon is stiching back together a injured girls face... I told the girl that I have a scar on my face and you can barely see it, and that it adds character, but in a much "nicer" way. It was insane, she was sticking her with a needle to numb her face like it was nothing. Made me want to be a plastic surgeon but the day I decide to go to school for 17 more years I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment