February 2, 2010

Serendipity at it's VERY BEST!

On April 1, I will be a speaker at Every 15 Minutes at Clayton Valley High School again. This is truely such a great honor, as I have now spoken there for the past 3-5 years (WOW).

Today, I went to school, met with a Tutor for my Pharm and Physio class and then met with my two new friends Lindsey and Theresa. It's amazing how much we have in common, it must be due to the face that we are all attempting the same great feat, but seriously, you know when you just click with people - you just know. They have me laughing my face off constantly.

I really do feel so serendipitous these days. It was about three years ago that I imagined my life the way it is in the here and now. I remember I was watching the Secret, wishing I could be a nurse, putting it out there, hoping that I would go to school and live in SF and now look where I am at - doing JUST that!

Theresa and I have a very long talk yesterday when we should have been studying. She endured hardship with her mom battling Luekemia. The doctors told her that her Mom had really no chance of survival, and that they could try a very risky two day surgery, but that they really should say their good-byes before she went into her surgery. She received an entire blood transfusion and a stem cell transfusion and beat the odds. It was truely remarkable, and I felt humbled by her Mom's courage in the face of adversity. She would put on viking helment with long golden pigtails and call her self "Bruce-Hilda" everytime she would go in for Chemo. A true inspiration and really speaks to the heart of your outlook on life has the power to potentially save your life.

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people like Theresa. The entire group seems very neat. I can't tell you how exciting this is for me :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! What a great story. But you like me better right?? I am your Fav right?? You love me best right..well after Brett :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Becky, I love you best ... well Maybe Wyatt a little more ;)

    ReplyDelete