January 11, 2010

Two weeks EXACTLY, and counting...

Today is 2 weeks from my start date for the Nursing program at USF! WOW!

I cannot believe that I am actually doing this. I was just tending to my home, my wifely duties, you know ... and I am listening to my Pandora, and the Pussycat Dolls song came on ... "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it..." Well I got it, and it reminded me both to be appreciate of what is happening to me in my life at the present moment at hand and of Becky singing the song to her son Wyatt (she literally just gmail chatted me as I wrote that - weird!).

I am feeling very theroetical right now (it's usually right after my monthly visitor) and if you pay attention to your cycle you might notice it too... like today I was in the grocery store looking at valentine's day cards and they were all making me cry. HA! Maybe that isn't therorical but crazy... As Ryan Scott would say - transistion....

"Transition", lately there has sort of been a theme in my life. A lot of what is happening to me is very difficult to process, from our trip to China/Thailand to being accepted to the first nursing school I applied to, it's just a lot of things are all "stimulating" me at once, and it's really been difficult to process.

So ironically enough, that makes the concept of time seem both fast and slow at the same time. Like on our trip to China/Thailand, we were gone for three weeks, but it didn't feel like three weeks - not shorter, not longer, but it just went by like sand in a hour glass - I really felt "time" for the first time as out of control. I wanted the sunshine to shine longer or a bad boat ride to go faster (but those two things can't happen at the same time). My point is that I have two weeks left of "nothing to do" and I am going to try to appreciate my life and myself, my friends and my family for truly who and what they are, staying true to myself and stay in the present moment. It's just funny sometimes to think of who you've been, who you are now and who you hope to be in the future and reconcille all of those three pieces at once. Then to compare those pieces to the time that has passed and the time that is left and get an answer - I think the answer is staying in the present moment and appreciate life's blessings as they come, for better or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment