January 12, 2010

New Year Resolutions

I was "booging" (throwing useless stuff out) our house and ran across the journal I use to write in after my car accident. Besides the craziness that was that time, I randomly wrote in it a year ago today... January 12th, 2009. Here is what I wrote (I copied it from Maria Shriver)

1. I pledge to "show up as me" in my life, not as an imitation of anyone else.

2. I pledge to avoid using the word "just" to describe myself. For example, I will won't say "Im just a CPA or I'm just working at PricewaterhouseCoopers or I just live here."

3. I pledge to give myself 10 minutes a day of silence and stillness everyday to get in touch with my heart and hear my own voice.

4. I pledge to use my voice to connect my dreams to my actions.

5. I pledge to use my voice to empower myself and others.

6. I pledge to serve my community at least once a year in a way that will benefit other people.

7. I pledge to ask myself "Who Am I? What do I believe in? What am I grateful for? What do I want my life to stand for?"

8. I pledge to write down my mission statement.

9. I pledge to live my own legacy.

10. And I pledge to pass it on.

Most Important - It's not what you DO in life ... it's who you are.

So those 10 things were what Maria Schriver's book said - a sort of New Years Resolution. Looking back over the past year, there have been a TON of changes in not only my life, but our life (Brett and I) and hopefully my friends. This year I am going to continue to make sure I let my friends and family know how important they are to me. I know I've checked a lot of things off last years New Years Resolutions list, and I am excited to see where I go in 2010 and continue to challenge myself to become a better person.

Here were some of my New Year Resolutions for 2009:
1. Sign up for School
2. Refocus on health
3. Spiritual practice
4. Support Brett as he does me (x10)
5. Sit with myself 20 minutes a day
6. Learn something new
7. Help my Mom
8. Love
9. Give joy & happiness to others
10. Be
11. Take off the armour that was put on me as a child
12. Live an authentic life (my favorite one)
13. Tell my story
14. Help other people
15. My community
16. Live life as myself

In addition to the ones above (some of which I have successfully placed an imaginary checkmark next to, these are my 2010 Resolutions:

1. Become a Triathlete
2. Have a morning/evening routine to enhance the organization of my home
3. Eat Healthy
4. Love my Husband intimately
5. Understand my place in the world as fully as possible.
6. Enhance gratitude and appreciation for living in America
7. Write a book.
8. Be valedictorian
9. Become an Registered Nurse.
10. Habitat for Humanity volunteer overseas
11. Wake up early & like it

1 comment:

  1. Gina thats great! That is an amazing list. I wish you all the luck this year to accomplish all your goals. My biggest goal would be to set an example for my son..oh yeah and be better at house cleaning..ha ha!

    ReplyDelete