May 11, 2010

Togo, Africa

Ok, so of all the things that I SHOULD be doing right now... I cannot wait to share this news with everyone! A HUGE DOT has just been placed on my map of life. It's truley amazing!

Without getting into TOO much detail... because there is a lot of detail... the night before my car accident I prayed that God would use me to help other people. It has truly manifested itself in a lot of things that I have done in my life and had happen to me post accident, but this is the true workings of the Lord... I know I sound like "Jesus Freak" right now, even using that word makes me sound like one, but really... there is NO DENYING what has just manifested in our life right now.

So on April 30th, I went and spoke as a guest speaker at my old High School for the program called "Every 15 Mintues" (www.Every15Minutes.com). I spoke at the "night of the living dead" where students who were involved in the "Mock Crash" came and listened to 3 other guest speakers share their stories of how their lives had been changed by others while under the influence. Now, I have spoken at this a few times over the past 7 years, and 3 years ago I met a women who is a nurse at John Muir in Walnut Creek, before I had decided to go back to school for Nursing. Well, Sheri was there again, and she remembered that I was thinking of going back to school for Nursing three years ago and was so excited to hear that I had started at program at USF.

As we were talking about how wonderful Nurses are and all the options there are, she mentioned that she actually worked over in Africa with a friend that started clinic. This clinic is currently looking for MSN prepared students AND, get this... a Finance person... enter Brett! It's honestly too good to be true and pass up.

Brett and I have always wanted to be able to travel to a foreign country and visit and volunteer and make a difference in the World. This is truly God pushing us in the direction he has called upon us. It's truly a blessing!

If you are a nurse or physican or in finance/accounting, please let me know if you are interested, I can send you more information. Sharon, the women at the mission hospital in Togo said that the needs [here] on this side of the world are huge - and there sure are not many people available to help with those
needs.

Looking forward to Serving in Togo!

No comments:

Post a Comment